We are looking for a person with a big passion for cloud technologies, numbers, and efficiency, and has never been comfortable with the status quo. A professional finance geek who wants to change how people and companies consume public cloud technologies. 😎
Who we are:
Playground Tech is the home of people who seek personal development and technical challenges. We are a highly motivated and humble team of engineers, architects, and tech business developers.
Our mission is to enable and fuel our customers' innovation capabilities through reliable cloud and data engineering, in-house developed products, and code.
We are a technical enabler for consuming public cloud in a more efficient way. To really understand how we will achieve this, we need to put the nerd glasses on and understand all theory behind cloud consumption and how business handles their costs in the public cloud.
To accomplish this, we are looking for a master thesis student to explore the field of FinOps and set the foundation for our journey moving forward. Our purpose is to understand challenges and identify opportunities to help our customers get the most bang for the buck, while operating in the public cloud.
Additional reading on the topic:
- How are executives, business/product owners, engineering/operation teams & finance/procurement teams working together to adapt a Capital Expenditures (CapEx) model to an Operating Expenses (OpEx) model in a cloud transition?
- How are organizations measuring their optimization of their cloud spend?
Reducing waste and/or unused resources
- What economical models are available to handle cost allocation in a containerized environment
- BYOI – Bring Your Own Idea
What we offer:
- An inspirational work environment in a fast-growing tech company in central Stockholm
- An opportunity to work closely with our customers, who are some of Stockholm’s most progressive product and internet-based companies
- Insanely humble, fun, and knowledgeable co-workers
- An experienced thesis supervisor that will support you all the way
- Access to all the knowledge in our team of engineers, architects, and managers
What you will be doing:
- Carve out an awesome topic for your thesis together with us, our network of clients, and your academic supervisor.
- Divide your work into chunks and create a roadmap. This is for you to tailor the process to suit you, and for us to understand how to best support you.
- Present your findings to us and your university.
- Work hard – play hard – have fun. Regular follow-ups and daily support from us, so you do not get stuck along the way.
- Finish your studies like a boss.
- Get an opportunity to get hired as a Cloud FinOps Lead and turn all theory into actionable items.
Find this interesting? Talk with us today to learn more about this opportunity.